ADA data offer price today


 Live Cardano price today is IDR 13,986.03 IDR with a 24-hour trading volume of IDR 22,857,340,643,540 IDR. We update our ADA to IDR prices in real time. Cardano is down .54 in the last 24 hours. CoinMarketCap's current rating is #7, with a market cap of IDR 470,301,391,456,022 IDR. There is a circulating supply of 33,626,499,870 ADA coins and max. supply 45,000,000,000 ADA coins.

The top exchanges to trade on Cardano right now are Binance, OKX, BitCoke, FTX, , and . You can find others listed at .

What is Cardano (ADA)?

Cardano is a proof-of-stake blockchain platform that says its goal is to enable “change-makers, innovators and visionaries” to bring about positive global change.

The open source project also aims to “redistribute power from unaccountable structures to the margins to individuals” — helping to create a more secure, transparent, and equitable society.

Cardano was founded in 2017, and the ADA token is designed to ensure that owners can participate in the operation of the network. Therefore, cryptocurrency owners have the right to vote for any proposed changes to the software.

The team behind layered blockchain says that there are already some interesting use cases for the technology, which aims to enable decentralized applications and smart contracts to be developed with modularity.

Cardano is used by agricultural companies to track fresh produce from field to branch, while other products built on the platform allow educational credentials to be stored in an incorruptible way, and retailers to suppress counterfeit goods.

Who Invented Cardano?

Cardano was founded by Charles Hoskinson, who is also one of the founders of the Ethereum network. He is the CEO of IOHK, the company that built the Cardano blockchain.

In an interview for CoinMarketCap's Crypto Titans series, Hoskinson said he got involved in cryptocurrencies in 2011 — and got into mining and trading. He explains that his first professional involvement in the industry came in 2013, when he created a course on Bitcoin that eventually attracted 80,000 students.

Apart from being a technology entrepreneur, Hoskinson is also a mathematician. In 2020, the tech company donated $500,000 worth of ADA to the University of Wyoming Blockchain Research and Development Lab.

What Makes Cardano Unique?

Cardano is one of the largest blockchains to successfully use a proof-of-stake consensus mechanism, which is more energy efficient than Bitcoin's flagship proof-of-work algorithm. While the much larger Ethereum will be upgraded to PoS, this transition will only be gradual.

The project proudly ensures that all the technology it develops goes through a partner review research process, meaning that its bold ideas can be challenged before being validated. According to the Cardano team, this academic rigor helps blockchains to be durable and stable — adding to the possibility that potential pitfalls can be anticipated in advance.

In 2020, Cardano held a Shelley upgrade that aims to make its blockchain “50 to 100 times more decentralized” than other major blockchains. At the time, Hoskinson predicted that this would pave the way for hundreds of assets to run on his network.

Related Pages:

Read our interview with Cardano inventor Charles Hoskinson

Digging deeper into the technology behind Ethereum 2.0

Increase your knowledge of complex crypto terms with our glossary

Check out our other interviews with key crypto personalities

How Many Cardano Coins (ADA) Are In Circulation?

There is a maximum supply of 45 billion ADA — but as of writing, the circulating supply is around 31 billion. Five rounds of the Cardano token public sale were held between September 2015 and January 2017.

Approximately 2.5 billion ADA was allocated to IOHK after the network was launched. Meanwhile, an additional 2.1 billion ADA was awarded to Emurgo, the global blockchain technology company that acted as the founding entity of the Cardano protocol. Lastly, 648 million ADA was awarded to the non-profit Cardano Foundation, which aims to promote the platform and increase adoption rates.

Overall, approximately 16% of the total ADA supply goes to project inventors, with the remaining 84% shared among investors.

How is the Cardano Network Secured?

Cardano is secured via an "environmentally friendly and secure" PoS protocol known as Ouroboros.

The project claims that Ouroboros improves the security guarantees provided by the PoW consensus mechanism while using significantly less power — claiming that it is four times more energy efficient than Bitcoin.

Lebih baru Lebih lama